Amphibian, Reptile & Arachnid Relinquishment
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE YOUR PET
It is against the law to release your pet into the wild!
Contact SDHS to relinquish your pet.
If you need to relinquish your pet reptile, amphibian or arachnid, please contact the SDHS Adoption Director via email at Adoptions@SDHerpSociety.org.
We request all supplies come with your pet plus, a donation to assist in medical evaluation, treatment and foster care expenses until the animal can be placed in a permanent home. If your pet is injured or ill, we respectfully request a donation adequate to assist with meeting initial medical evaluation and treatment.
Please note, San Diego Herpetological Society is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit, a small team of volunteers care for animals through personal donation of time, space and funds to cover the housing and care of all relinquished animals. We do not make a profit by adopting out animals, fees charged for relinquishment and adoption meet less than 20% of our costs, the remaining 80% is covered through the generous donations of our volunteer foster care team and our public supporters. Please consider making a donation today for the benefit of the animals in our care.
We would like to give special thanks to:
Todd Cecil, DVM, DABVP (Avian)
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center
5232 Jackson Dr. Ste 105
La Mesa, CA 91941
Telephone: (619) 462-4800
for his generosity in assisting SDHS in the treatment of the many relinquished animals we take in each year.
Dr. Cecil offers special rates to members of San Diego Herpetological Society
Proof of valid membership is required for discount.
We also wish to thank our supporting veterinarians:
Tom Boyer, DVM, DABVP (Reptile & Amphibian)
Zachary Steffes, DVM
Pet Hospital of Penasquitos
San Diego, CA(858) 484-3490
Additional Veterinary Practices specializing in Reptile Care in San Diego County include:
Rosanna Brown, DVM
Rancho San Diego Animal HospitalEl Cajon, CA
Mission Animal & Bird Hospital
Oceanside, CA(760) 433-3763 (619) 660-6767
Jeffrey R Jenkins, DVM, ABVP (Avian)
Avian & Exotic Animal HospitalSan Diego, CA
If you are a veterinary practice in San Diego County with a herpetological experienced veterinarian on staff please contact us to be added to the resource listing.